ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear box problem

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
Chaps
Can anyone shed any light on this please, a while ago i had a new cluthch(valeo) fitted on the clio, with a new release bearing & cluthch cable, And while the garage were doing the clutch , i bought a febi half selector seal for the weeping box, The clio has only just gone back on the road,, I literally drove the car from the garage back in may and parked it up at my sisters,,Were i started doing a rear beam refresh, welding and underseling, So the car has only just gone back on the road this last few week, The problem is when i'm out driving the car, and when it seems to get hot, The gear seems to get really notchy and won't go into 1'st / 2nd, And only goes into 3rd/4th..and even though it'll let me through it over into 5th.....It's hitting 3rd again, even with the gear stick being in the 5th

The garage that fitted my clutch obv had the gear linkage off to fit the febi half seal jobby,,But they had'nt a clue on how to set the gear linkage back up, So when i drove it to mi sisters it felt f**king horrible, notchty as f**k, wouldn't select gears properly , So i had a fettle at it myself, and got it a bit closer but still not has should be, Also at the time of the clutch change i bought some new gear oil for the garage to put back in,,But it was just some off the shelf cheap shite,,And a few days later i thought wtf just buy some proper gear oil for it, So i bought 3L of Elf nxf 75, Dropped it off at the garage , But i never knew if the stuck that it, ? And just stuck it on the shelf, So today i drained the box and refilled it with more Elf 75

The gear linkage does want a little slight tweeking ,,,The gear stick when going into 1st,,,Feels like it's just inbetween 1st/3rd if that makes any sense..So slight adjusting on the linkage....But i'm at a total loss why it wont go into 1st / 2nd ...and then the box just makes it's own s**t up what it want's to do.......Anyone throught any light on this please

thanks guys...Marcus.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
I amplaning on pulling the box out in a few week to get the box split & the correct selector seal fitted,,,,I just don't wanna be in the same position with it not selecting gears when i refit the box. cheers