ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Change Indicator

Lee

BMW M2C

I had a quick dig last night to see when mine came on. As its not the most obvious light on the world, and I was watching the road I think it was around 6750 ish.

Lee

BMW M2C

Its already run in. Ive done about 1600 miles now. I kept below 3.5k for the first 625 miles. Then started to up it a little until I hit 1000 miles where I let all hell break loose :)

I did a couple of airport runs for a friend which soon pushed the miles up.

Good effort. It took me two weeks, mainly due to the car spending too much time at the dealers :mad:

My gear change light doesnt work, no matter how hard I drive it!

Lee

BMW M2C

I do a 40 mile round trip to work each day. But the Midlands to Heathrow was what did it for me. Its really starting to loosen up now.

Mine is in tomorrow for the seat rattle and external temperature gauge.

320d M Sport

oh dear, if engines warm it should be coming on well past 6750 me old mate?!!! more like 7000!! higher maybe

Lee

BMW M2C

Mmm, Ill have a look tomorrow. Im off to Derby so Im bound to find a decent bit of road to try it out on.

Whenever it came on, I shifted around 7200 I reckon. As I said, I was watching the road more than the dash.

For now Ill consider myself lucky it works at all :)

It is hard to watch the light, and the road at the same time, a bleep or something similar would have been a good idea.:confused:

dont bounch off the limiter!!!!the change up is there for a reason max speed. i think it comes on at 6750 0r 7000 you must change as quick as poss when u see this cus after u loose power, its cool.

You can get a Splifire or Omex shift light with Rev limiter, which I think will plug into your fag lighter or you can wire it in to the coil, this will allow you to set the shift point yourself and you can have the light mounted on the dash soo you cant miss it and dont have to look down for the little symbol on the dash screen, also looks cool, about 75-100 quid, Carnosseur in Southend have some Splitfire ones in now, 70 quid and you can get your cliosport discount as well...BONUS

When you hit about 7000rpm there is this little green shift light in the lower right corner on the dashboard with a picture of a shifter. Quite cool

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

But also seems like its common fault on 172 ie. doesnt necessarily work. Doesnt work on my Mk1 ... didnt work on the Cup I drove the other week (tho perhaps the Cups have them stripped out for weight ~:^).

I just try to change at 6.6krpm - the point at which the power curve tanks. Must admit it would be good if I could look where I was going instead!