ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Humming noise whilst driving Clio mk 3

Car  Clio mk3 , RCZ GT
Humming noise whilst driving noise does not change when turning, I've changed B/S / R wheel bearings checked front bearings no excess play just wondering if it could be the O/S drive shaft support bearing any ideas would be appreciated
 
Sometimes the play is that small that you can't see it, needs checked with run out/dti gauge, I had same issue on my megane, it was the front wheel bearings with zero play 🤷‍♂️
 
Sometimes the play is that small that you can't see it, needs checked with run out/dti gauge, I had same issue on my megane, it was the front wheel bearings with zero play 🤷‍♂️
Thanks npt
I did not mention I have jacked up the front of the car one side at a time and run the engine while in gear and could not hear the humming noise which leads me to think it could be the drive shaft support bearing
 
I have also had noisy bearings with no play. Hold the spring whilst spinning the wheel to check for vibration. Also older/worn tyres get noisy
 
Back
Top