ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear changing

Astra van,Mk1 nova
alright guys i have a 1.8 16v,and im new to clios dont really have a clue yet really so i was wondering if u could help me with summit!

when im changing gear the gear stick fells really loose,is this ok to slip into gear that easy or am i just getting very paranoid,

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
its not very hard to put it in gear, but if you mean it wobbles all over the place in each gear, then i'd start worrying!!

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
If the gearstick moves around all over the place your engine/gearbox mounts may be worn (common)
Mine goes into gear fairly easily,Id be more worried I think if it was really hard to get into gear.
Welcome to CS by the way!

'55 CUP 182
Hello, Welcome to CS!

If you let the car idle and the gearstick is wobbling very slightly, then when you tap the throttle it moves back the chances are your rear engine mount is going or gone.