ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Knob removal

Clio 182
Hi can anyone tell me how to remove the gear knob from a 182, would it just pull off or is there a screw to remove .

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
It's nightmare - I did mine last week - you can't get it off in one piece in my experience. I managed to pull all the leather and plastic insert from top off and it leaves you with a large white gearkonb shape bit of plastic glued to the metal shaft inside. Some posts have said if you heat it you might be able to prise it off the glue but it didn't work for me. I hack sawed it in half then split it with a screwdriver. Very messy!

Clio 182
Thanks for the heads-up, I think I might just wait untill i've got more than 5mins to spare then..

Clio 182
All done, had to cut the old one off but it was going to be replaced anyway so not to bad.

Thanks for the advice. :)