ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gear knob !!!

clio
once the rubber has come off the gear knob how to you fit a new gear knob, how do you get the piece of plastic offf thats got no give in it at all ?!?!?!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Cut it off with a hacksaw (seriously) to avoid putting undue stress on the mechanism beneath.
Some people have described pulling them off with swan neck pliers but having seen the lift up collar and mechanism underneath the gearlever, I would not put much stress on it!
They were not designed to be removed as such.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Well before you do anything, what have you got to replace it?
It is not a threaded shaft so if you have a screw on one, it won't fit.
It needs a gear knob with a grub screw fitting to tighten the new knob against the stick/shaft.

clio
ermmm ive got rpsepped universal for the lift gear wich is revers, it has got some plastic sleeve adaptors in the packaging ?

is1

Integra Type R DC2
You may have to try and see if the adapter can make it fit. Is there a screw at the bottom of the gear knob to tighten the gear knob against the stick?
BTW, the best gear knob for the Clios are Richbrook ones. Pretty much any Richbrook lift reverse one depending on the style you like.
The reason is they have a grub screw in them so you drop the gear knob onto the stick and simply tighten against the stick by turning the screw using the supplied allen key.
The Richbrook ones also look very good.

clio
sorry i lost my thread found it now lol, yeah its got different size adaptor and a hole for a screw so sound like everythnig should fit, waiting on hacksaw now then i shall start taking the plastic off.