ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear Selector Bush Direction

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I have an annoying issue since fitting the the PMS and the new selector bush at the gearbox. The circlip keeps popping off. I have wondered if I have the bush in the wrong way around but I cannot find out which way its supposed to go (black piece at the top or bottom, any insights?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I have an annoying issue since fitting the the PMS and the new selector bush at the gearbox. The circlip keeps popping off. I have wondered if I have the bush in the wrong way around but I cannot find out which way its supposed to go (black piece at the top or bottom, any insights?
Black piece in first.

You seating the circlip properly? Clean the recess as they get gammy.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Black bit at the top from memory.

Get a pick in the groove and scrape any crap out.

Once the circlip is in, give it a few taps using a small extension bar to make sure it's seated.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Black bit at the top from memory.

Get a pick in the groove and scrape any crap out.

Once the circlip is in, give it a few taps using a small extension bar to make sure it's seated.
Black piece in first.

You seating the circlip properly? Clean the recess as they get gammy.

Just been out and done all of this, banged my head really hard for good measure as well. Hoping thats it sorted. Not ideal driving everywhere in 3rd gear! lol.