ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox advice please

260% JCW
Decided to pull the old girl out of retirement but im sure the box is on its last legs as is the clutch (grinding while selecting 3rd ). TBH though 106,000 miles on the original box and clutch aint bad going IMO.

Thought about getting the Yanoo linkage and short shifter kit to see if things improve, if not whats the best option.

1.Recon the original box
2.Get a Kangoo box fitted for a good price £250ish.

Advice please?

330 Ci
I'm in pretty much the same situation, gearbox crunches quite abit and theres a fair amount of play. I've gone for the Yanoo linkage and brass bush option to see whether this cures the problem..

Should hopefully have it fitted tomorrow so will let you know!

172 Race Car
Have to ring him and ask. Its free to strip and inspect to quote. Depends on how much needs doing. do a search and see what everyone else has paid.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
Rebuild by agency transmissions, Worcester.

Around the same price as a used box, no brainer

+1

Kev, you would feel better the grinding with my gear linkage conversion kit. First rebuild your gearbox. After it's done, fit my gear linkage conversion kit.

Yanoo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Williams
I'm in pretty much the same situation, gearbox crunches quite abit and theres a fair amount of play. I've gone for the Yanoo linkage and brass bush option to see whether this cures the problem..

Adie, I'm afraid it won't cure your gearbox. This kit can stop the play and give a direct shift feel but cannot heal your box. Moreover, you may feel more crunches due to the modified gear linkage has less damper effect, it can transfer more crunches via the linkage. It's hard to describe how it works in real, but try to imagine that you can feel in your palm what happens in the gearbox when you're moving the gear stick. If the synchro rings are worn, it's time to change them.

260% JCW

Look forward to your update....

2005 Clio 182
synchro in 2nd and 3rd and seals bearings etc replaced £275
Shockingly good price
he said if i get it shipped down be done in a day and shipped back
i wouldnt even consider a 2nd hand box with them kinda prices

182 Turbo Project
My 'box sometimes crunches into 3rd.

Would I be better of getting this refurbed whilst doing my Turbo conversion?