ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox (again)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Seller just told me this "its from a 2005 182 mate 15,000 miles the type with no spedo drive"

Please tell me this will fit my 172 full fat?

Yep will fit so long as you have a phase 2. Although a few very earlier phase 2's apparently still used the gearbox sensor you need to check but I've nver seen a Phase 2 which needs the gearbox sensor.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
YAY so hope your right, mine is a 51 plate, phase 2 made 17th sept so should be ok?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So if i drop the old one out and it won't fit, i can come round your place with a few "friends" and have a "chat"? (jk)

DrRollo said:
So if i drop the old one out and it won't fit, i can come round your place with a few "friends" and have a "chat"? (jk)
Nope, but there the same. 182 boxes are longer ratio though slightly.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol ok, so few mph extra for me in each gear. Really hope this sorts it as my car sounds awfull changing to 3rd!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ok just picked it up says it's a model JC5 130 Seems in good nick :) was a nice 7 hours drive