ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox - Clutch Issue

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
Right, 8 months ago i had a new genuine clio clutch kit fitted to my car (1.4 16v) as i used to get nasty vibration when accelerating on 1st. (Normaly when the car was warm)

New clutch in and everything was fine.

Well it started again a couple of weeks ago.

Is my gearbox on it's last legs? I can't have worn the clutch in less than 5K miles.

Suggestions

Clio 172 Flame RED
If the vibration is there under acceleration, have the CV joints checked. Had a similar issue with my 172.

Clio MK2 1.4 16v
If the vibration is there under acceleration, have the CV joints checked. Had a similar issue with my 172.

Thank you for your reply. I will have to look it up when my car is haveing it's next service in a couple thousand miles.

I have heard, that when you change the clutch on a renault, it is good practice to change the clutch pedal ratchet at the same time. I thought as i didn't know it before i changed my clutch, that it has been wearing it down again.