ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox feedback....

ph2 iceburg 172
hi
i just recently purchased a 53 plate 172 with 3600miles. i got it out for its first poroper drive yesterday and noticed that when you take your foot off the throttle the gearstick feels like its kicking back and wiggling about. am i right in thinkin its probs the gearbox mount thats gone? does uprating the mount (i.e k tec ones) make much difference over the standard oe ones, because there seems to be quite a price difference.
any help would be great. thanks

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
All of the clio's do it mate. They dance around like a little stripper when you plant your foot.

ph2 iceburg 172
brilliant, i was thinking i would need to start forking out for the thing already. also it does seem to crunch slightly into third geat, not much but it doesnt seem to slip into third as easy as the other gears?
cheers

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Also common problem. They will all end up doing that eventually. Something to do with a shite synchromesh on 3rd I think. Mine is yet to start doing it though!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
A new dogbone mount can help, about £20. Not a big job either> dont bother with so called uprated mounts either, they transmit a lot of vibration through the cabin.