ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox issues...

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Clio II Mk2 with the k4m engine...about 22k miles.

Engaging first, specially from cold is far from perfect but up to this moment it was bearable and was only the first couple minutes...but now it is noticeable difficult without pushing twice the clutch pedal, that seems to improve matters. While standing still if you engage first, second and the first again it goes it smoothly.

Gear change from first to second is also very rough and dodgy...second to third, fourth and fifth are not bad but not perfect either. I drove a couple of my friend's Clios and they all were smooth and gear change were simply perfect...I tried changing the oil this weekend (Motul Technosynthese 75w-90, will post pics when I get home) and that made things worse! :dapprove:

Am I looking into worn syncros or clutch?

I've driven the car a bit hard sometimes but the clutch on the R21 lasted about 70k miles and about 100k miles on the other car...so I don't think it is the clutch (which is still soft and had a normal bite point)...

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Update: drove home from work and once the gearbox heats up starts working much MUCH better...so I have no idea where to look first. Any suggestions?