ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GearBox Oil Check

clio 172
Hi all
Can anyone tell me how to check the oil level in the gearbox on my 172 phase1, how easy and where is the access point, any help much appreciated

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Working underneath the car on level ground, remove the plastic guard tray and there's a white plastic filling plug (looks like a wingnut) on the front side of gearbox (sort of in front and above of the gear lever connection). Unscrew it and then just dip your little finger in. If your can't feel any oil just start topping it up until a little oil flows out. Easy.

Lots of Alfas
You can access it from the top, remove the airbox and look down the front of the gearbox. There is a plastic plug (mine is black) carefully unscrew and and make sure you dont loose the little rubber washer. It should be topped up intil the oil reaches the plug and pours out.