ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox oil

clio 172 phase 2
I've found some elf 75-80 tranself nfj
But on some searches in here i have found that its got nfp ? Will the one ive found be okay

^^^thats the proper renault stuff i think

75-80w Gl5 is the correct grade but most use 75-90w due to cost and it works with excess heat better iirc

clio 172 phase 2
This is the stuff
9e3yraga.jpg

Inferno 182 & Saxo
I use Total BV 75w80 fully synthetic. Its only £12 for 2l from pug or citroen which is very cheap and it goes in my other car too

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
I am also ready to change oil in my RS clio 172. Is there a different oil for mine rather then 182? Also, what would be the most high-end option oil?

I do plan on properly driving it around racetrack, so it will have quite a bit of spirited driving to handle.

Any decent make/brand will do and hasn't got to be the best stuff millers fully synthetic 75-80w gl5 gear oil is only £30 for 5 litres at opie oils.

Thats what i use

tadas

ClioSport Club Member
  RS Clio 172 Ph1
How much of oil should I buy to complete the procedure?

So I will look for fully synthetic 75-80w gl5 oil.

Any decent make/brand will do and hasn't got to be the best stuff millers fully synthetic 75-80w gl5 gear oil is only £30 for 5 litres at opie oils.

Thats what i use

^^Correction its not fully synthetic its mineral based. still does the job anyway