ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Problem (2003 clio dynamique)

Clio 1.2 16v
Hi,

Can someone help me ive got a really bad problem with my 2003 clio dynamique.

Just breaking down the information for an easier read....................

Details on the car

2003 clio dynamique
Only covered 29,000 Miles
Lowered (on coils)

Gearbox Problem

Gearstick moves alot (A lot of play in the gearstick)
Its hard to put it into gear 1
The car struggles to set off
Ive already been through one gearbox already (cost me alot)

I would really appreciate any help even if theres some mechanics on here ill be willing to consider any quotes to get this problem fixed because some mechanics dont have a clue when they inspect my car.I was told to have the mounts checked?Is that right.

Should I take it to the main dealer?Do they charge too much to fix such a problem?

Once again any help is appreciated.

E-mail address: allanil100@hotmail.com

Lionel Richie
gearstick moving alot it normal

have you tried putting it into 2nd gear before slecting 1st? they can be awarkward

struggles to set off? how do you mean?

Clio 1.2 16v
Im being totally serious here the gearstick did that before the last gearbox went.It moves alot.

The car struggles to pull of in gear one.(e.g the car shudders like its gonna conk out)

The car also crunches when putting it in reverse.

What do you recommend cos I aint no mechanic.Should I go to main dealers?

Lionel Richie
crunching into reverse is common too if you rush it/ don't put the clutch all the way down

gearstick moving is 100% normal

Clio 1.2 16v
By the way my question still stands. I havent yet found a viable answer.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!