ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox problem!!!!

throttle bodied mk2 172
when i shift 3rd gear its making noise like i am not pushing clutch.its going in gear but that noise comes everytime.what did i fucked up:(

throttle bodied mk2 172
Danlp6 said:
syncro is f**ked.

new gearbox. mines been doing this for about 10k, just change into 3rd very slowly and it wont crunch.
exactly.mine same,when i change very slowly it doesnt happen.what do you mean about new gearbox?shouldnt we need to change 3th gear synco only?how expensive to fix?

throttle bodied mk2 172
Danlp6 said:
new gearbox is usually cheaper tbh! it will need a full rebuild(no point in jut doing 1 syncro.)
new gearbox is huge money mate!how can you recommend new gearbox???for just 3th gear syncromench i cant replace the whole gearbox.

80MPG BEEZA
Danlp6 said:
you can get a box from MATT BLACK for £450+vat

i'd just go to renault and get a spanking new box one that me and jon16v both only lasted a fortnight i changed it to another from another place and i've done bout 4000 miles so far