ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearbox problem

Clio 182
hi there was driving home tonite and pulled away going up through the gears as normal when i approached a roundabout, put it into second well tried to put it in and it just would go in. Tried all the other gears it goes in fine but second when i put the clutch down and try to engage second it like im hitting a brick wall and pops back out. when i hold it in place and bring the clutch up its sound as if its not able to fully go in and can hear slight grinding. If anyone can help it would be appreciated thanks oh its a 172 phase 2 03 plate dont think its had a cluch change

euro'd clio!!!!
the syncro mesh has gone which is the grinding ur getting, had the same problem on a polo u wana get it sorted asap cos u dont want the mesh shards getting in the bearing and knackering the rest of the box! does the grinding only happen in second?

euro'd clio!!!!
Around £400 for a rebuild plus removal and fitting
agreed! make sure you use someone decent regardless off cost if u can! i know its a c$£t and make sure driveshaft seals are replaced when whoever does the rebuild cos u will only be going back having them done yea? cos they will leak for a pass time if you dont sorry to be the bearer of bad news!!!