ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox Question

Yozz'd up 182
Have i got this right? from what ive read...

182's and 172's that use the JC 130 box that gets the speed from the abs can use any of the 1*2 boxes but the ph1 box will have longer ratios and the speedo drive hole will need plugging.

Ph1 172 and 172 cups can use each others boxes freely but the ratios will be slightly different. They can also use 182 and late 172 boxes if they have a speedo sensor tapped into them?

330i. E30 Touring.
Use an old speedo sensor, if you want to do it properly. Otherwise, a bit of black tape covering it would do. Just to stop muck getting in.

330i. E30 Touring.
Not true. Most Ph2 172's and 182's use the ABS for the speedo. Can fit whatever box you want to 'em, fit and go. I've got a box in the shed, if you need one matey..

Golf GTD Mk7
i've heard different though mate. I know a few people who have fitted them, with no speedo working. When you go into the computers on CLIP it gives you the option to change the speedo source from ABS to GB Sensor.