ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox removal

clio 172 ph 2
apart from a clutch alignment tool and torque wrench. What other tools do I need to swap the gearbox and clutch on my 172 that you wouldn't gind in your regular socket set / tool box? Cheers

S4 Avant
Rubber mallet is always useful for drive shafts. Ratchet spanners will make removing the steering rack infinitely easier. Impact wrench speeds the job up loads as well

clio 172 ph 2
Okay thanks. Does the sub frame need to be removed completely? Or can I just loosen it and drop one side? I'm in two minds whether to pay a garage or do it myself. I'm a motorcycle mechanic by trade but a bit worried about space and how high I can get it on axle stands etc. Is it a real pain of a job or just average so to speak? Thanks again

I'm a mobile mechanic and two of us did my 182 on a driveway using Jack and stands.
We took the subframe out completely as was easier at the time but I've done 1.2 clios with the sframe just dropped one side and box moved to allow access to the clutch. Not tried on a rs mind.