ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox repair in the midlands

Megane r26
Right then folks, today I decided to change the clutch the missus Peugeot 107.

Upon inspection I noticed oil leak between the bell housing and engine so I grabbed a rear main oil seal before I started stripping it.

On closer inspection turns out the leak is coming from the gearbox side (input shaft seal) and looks like a box strip jobby, and its puked oil oil over the clutch.

Now this is where I need some help, I'm a mechanic but don't really know anyone local to me to do it. If I had more time i'd take it on myself but seeing as the missus needs the car asap and I've only ever stripped the one gearbox I don't fancy doing it, plus the trophy is killing her on juice.

Cheers Dan

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Either take it to Fred for the whole job or pull the box out yourself and take it to Agency in Worscester.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
i rebuild gearboxes too ya know, Agency aren't the only people in the world that can do it LOL!

Indeed, even built a few myself although must confess I cant be arsed these days so tend to use Agency myself.

Would have thought it obvious I know you can do it from me saying you can do the whole job. I was just giving him another option in case he is a good judge of character and hence doesnt like you, flol.

Megane r26
I've pulled the box out already Fred, what sort of costs we looking? I'll bring it straight to you, I brought those arms to you other week if you remember me lol

Megane r26
Haha sound I'll drop her at work and bring it straight down to ya bud and it can stink your workshop out instead of my car lol.

Yep tell me about it, makes me wonder what s**t they churn out now days!