ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox type for 2002 172

Clio 172 + 172 cup
I have a 2002 172 with no gearbox. It has ABS on the car. Does anybody know if this would have had a JC5-129 originally? Does it need the speedo drive or does it use the ABS rings? Can I use a -089 or -130 instead? what is the best one to go for bearing in mind I won't be increasing the power significantly? It will be used for track days.

Thanks for any help.

MC

Clio Sport 172
if you're going to use it on track days... i think the best option for you will be a 129 or 130 (both are 15/61 while the 089 its 15/58, a bit longer).

the fact it has abs its not related with the type of gearbox.. you'll need to see if theres another ring close to the abs one in one wheel (i dont know in what wheel it is..)

the 129 has speedo drive and the 130 don't.. in any case, if you can buy a 129 and the car dont need speedo drive you can just tap the hole ;)

sorry my english !