ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearknob help

Can someone tell me how to replace an original williams gearknob, i have the new one but how do i get the old black bit off not the actual knob bit as that has already come off, but the bit attached to the gear stick.

Thanks in advance

Clare

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

naaah it aint scary at all! i done it in 10 minutes with no previous experience saw into it.

Quote: Originally posted by LivinLegend on 15 February 2004

my and my dad set it on fire and melted it off, just make sure all the windows and dorrs are open, easiest way
Did you breathe in the fumes as well by any chance? :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by LivinLegend on 15 February 2004

my and my dad set it on fire and melted it off, just make sure all the windows and dorrs are open, easiest way
hahahahaha.

Mint.. :D

A well built VW

Its really easy get a sharp knife cut around the circumference and when the tops of run a line down til it just peels off job done in less than five minutes

Do what I do.. Change gear and watch it fall off.. then spend the next 2 miles looking for it under ya seat.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

WTF just wrap ya hands round it and yank it and twist at the same time, it will go BANG and come off, i have dor 4 clio gear knobs and used this meathod everytime, that way it comes off in 1 bit nice and clean, and if u want u can keep it....