ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gears cruch in reverse and first

sometimes when engaging first gear or reverse in my 172 (mk2), the gears make a slight crunching noise, and i have to attempt to engage again, it usually works fine second time around. also, at times it doesnt even get into first gear and i have to try a few times before it gets into the gate. should i call renault to get this fixed? its just that i find this a bit dangerous, especially if your in a heavy intersection, needing to get away quickly and first gear doesnt get in....any help would be appreciated :)

"ALL" clio owners i have spoken to, old and new, copmplain about reverse crunching, mine does and it only has 24K on the clock........but first is another story, take it back if its still under warranty

dont worry about reverse mate my fiesta does it and so does everyone elses who I know and my dads Vectra & his westfield do it too, it must be all gearboxes in general. i think someone explaned to my y they do it once but i was pissed and cant remember lol but it made sense

H22A7 Accord Type R

i get it every now and again, but, i have been told french cars have a history of doing that! saxos do it too! Only happens once every now and again............no problem to me, feels ok

Megane 225 baby! :)

I had problems when I was trying to get in/out of fifth and had to get it sorted by my local friendly reno garage - they said it was notchy and baulky meaning that the sychro mesh was up the spout - maybe youve got the same problem?!?