ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gears

Clio 172 Cup
Hey there. Can anyone help with advice?? My 03 plate clio cup when shifting into 5th gear makes a slight crunching noise. Its quite subtle, and you can feel it more than hear it. It's not so bad when I change to 5th at lower speeds and once the engine is hotter. Whats the problem?Im guessing its not the clutch, as it would be the same in every gear... hoping its not the gearbox as such, but rather linkage or something :dapprove: would it be worth giving the gearbox oil a change? and boy, although the performance is good, they sure do chew through wheel bearings dont they! Thanks for any help.:)

Megane Trophy, Golf
Mmmm sounds about right! Mines done that for the past 2 years, think they all do to an extent! Its mainly when you put the clutch right down it does it, try just pressing your clutch in slightly! Not sure about wheel bearings, not changed one yet in 20,000 miles! ;)

Clio 172 Cup
alrite cheers guys. Il try checking oil level etc. Ye iv had 2 wheel bearings in the past month, and only done 29k.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Mine is a 03 and has 54k miles, i havn't replaced any bearings yet touch wood, sounds like theres something wrong there