ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gearstick gaitor

mine popped off today and everytime i reattach it it comes away again when i stick it in reverse.

anyone had this and know how to fix it?

Mine popped out when i took my Cup to Santa Pod (i think i got over excited on the gear change) i took it back to Renault (under warranty) but it wasnt covered. But it only cost me £6 so i didnt argue!

E90

mine does it all the time, I took it to renault they glued it back on, yes glued and it kept coming off, half way round the ring is not good, I got so sick of it I paid 3 quid for super glue, and did it myself it hasnt moved in months, LOL

ill attack it with the glue then. the lip at the front doesnt actually hold it in, just gives it something to spring it up against.

E90

Quote: Originally posted by Jim172CUP on 04 August 2005

ill attack it with the glue then. the lip at the front doesnt actually hold it in, just gives it something to spring it up against.
Yup matey, it kind of clips in at the back side, just put some glue on the bottom side of that lip on the gaitor, and a bit on the wee shelf that it fixes 2, and hold in place for 30 seconds and bobs yr fathers brother. The crappy glue that Renault stick 172s together with, must be copydex I think, the kind of shizzle u used to eat at primary school , infact Im sure if u took a tour of the RS factory, there would be big groups of kids with copydex and brushes happily smearing various body panels with it.