ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearstick moves with acceleration

Hello folks,

I have a dynamique 1.2 with 15k on the clock, i bought it recently used after rolling my last new one...Anyway when i accelerate and have my hand on the gearstick the gearstick moves with the acceleration (i cant remember my last one doing it so much), has anyone else had problems similar? i have just under a year of the 3yr warranty remaining, if its gearbox or bushes will it be covered??

Thanks....

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

On the 1.8 16v Clio this was a Dogbone engine mount that went. I am not to sure if they still have this mount on the newer clios but its worth mentioning.

It bolts on from the underside of the car into the back of the gearbox and looks like ..... Well a Dogbone with 2 rubber inserts in it.

right i will remember that one when i call them later? is it a big job? bit worrying on a pretty new car i suppose but faults happen...Thanks

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Well the only times I heard this go was on high mileage valvers but if the car has had a hard life them maybe this may go early possibly ?

But I also remember getting a curtosy car and that was a 1.2 16v, the gearstick moved a hell of alot on that but this had been thrashed to hell and back.

The job on a valver takes about 10 mins but on the 1.2 16v I am not 100% sure, hopefully it may also take 10 mins.

The part is cheap and easy to DIY.

1.2 16v (Race Spec)

i got a 53 plate dynamique that iv had since september and mine has done it the whole time!! i got worried then wen my mate picked up his new billabong and his did it aswell, i thought nuffin of it!!

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

Sorry to hijack your post but my valver gear stick moves quite a bit when u accelerate hard. does that mean i need to change my dogmount then??

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

If its not popping out of gear, whats the problem? Expect some movement when you put your foot down, itll usually move about an inch or 2 but providing it aint jumping out of gear, theres no problem. If somethings not broke then dont fix it!!!

Quote: Originally posted by nmunday82 on 11 November 2003

Hello folks,

I have a dynamique 1.2 with 15k on the clock, i bought it recently used after rolling my last new one...Anyway when i accelerate and have my hand on the gearstick the gearstick moves with the acceleration (i cant remember my last one doing it so much), has anyone else had problems similar? i have just under a year of the 3yr warranty remaining, if its gearbox or bushes will it be covered??

Thanks....

Never hold the gearstick unless youre changing gear!

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I have snapped the bolt for this mount about 4 times.

Be careful how you drive it.

Lionel Richie

Its normal, if you want to reduce this wobbling, then fit a quickshift

The engine and gearbox mounts on the 1.2 16V are made from jelly

i got this problem have has since i had the car from new nearly 2 years ago now, i didnt really think much of it till the old man said that it wasnt right when he drove it once, then my bro got a new clio and his gearstick is solid as a rock. took mine in to get checked the done sumthin and it seemed ok but only for alittle bit.

i dunno

Matt

ive got a simular problem too guys...........every time i turn my steering wheel...the wheels turn in that same direction !!!!! how weird is that ???

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 12 November 2003

ive got a simular problem too guys...........every time i turn my steering wheel...the wheels turn in that same direction !!!!! how weird is that ???
Get that booked into reno asap mate!!! :p

Mr2 Roadster

Quote: Originally posted by Fordy on 18 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 12 November 2003

Get that booked into reno asap mate!!! :p
They wont have a clue!