ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gendan Engine Check Software, anyone?

CLIO Iceberg 172
dose anyone have a copy of Gendan's Engine Check Software, that i might be able to procure for reserch purpos...

i have the elm 327 diognostics tool and that looks like the best sofware to use for it.... problem is getting hold of it....

any of you guys got it? and one used this diog stuff before?

BMW M135i
Won't give you a great deal with the clio, theres only a very limited set of functions with just an OBDII reader.

CLIO Iceberg 172
Yea im not really intreasted in remaps etc i just want to get it sorted and running without problems lol....

so basic OBDII is fine atm, im just after the above softwere as it gives a bit more to use than a standard free... prog

BMW M135i
No it won't i'm not talking about remaps etc, the only thing it'll give you is access to the OBD error codes which won't clear most of the lights on the dash only the OBD fault light and give you some live data. Nothing else, all the config stuff is only avaliable with a renault clip computer. It unfortunately is not like vagcom.

CLIO Iceberg 172
Yea i know....but i dont have any lights on the dash.... lol but i had a guy do a code check on my AC and while he was going throu it he said it had loads of codes built up, but obviously he would charge more to clear them etc as he was only there for the air con......so i got something to do the basics, read and erase and if need be read again...lol

CLIO Iceberg 172
well i think my MIL has been intently turned off then cos i saw loads... i will defently have to try and sort this out

CLIO Iceberg 172
i dunno what you would make it was but i was massive, it had a handle down one side a 6" screen and he could access everything within the ecu. o and it was black, wasn't touch screen but he had loads of buttons to play with. it wasnt one i have seen before

clio 172
search for a site on the net called www.talktomycar.co.uk i think thats it. i baught an interface off there for about 40-50 quid and it is used with laptop and u get software, either that or they have hand held code readers. i have not used mine on my 172 yet but i used it on my mates a few months back and it worked a treat, told us the errors and turned engine management light off aswel. hope that is a help, any questions and i will try to help. adam