ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genuine N/A 218bhp/185lb-ft on a stock bottom end.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
What sort of power was this at the wheels, or do they not record atw readings ?
Very good power for standard comp, mine made similar then I fitted high comp pistons to standard bottom end/rods and gained about 10 bhp.

Clio 182
Was up at Combe supporting this yesterday, seems to really go well round there!

What times does it do round combe with that engine/power out of interest?
I popped in there on the way to another job as I was only working round the corner, saw a load of clios all parked together so guessing it was one of those, red one?
I'd love an itb'd setup at some point in the future, that spec/power sounds perfect to be honest

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
@ALD why 182 head over a ph1 172 head? Cracking results on this engine, hope to get some thing like that on mine one day :)

I know what sort of times it's doing around there, and it'll be very competitive. Won't disclose what it's doing until it's in a race on saturday 5/9. b
What times does it do round combe with that engine/power out of interest?
I popped in there on the way to another job as I was only working round the corner, saw a load of clios all parked together so guessing it was one of those, red one?
I'd love an itb'd setup at some point in the future, that spec/power sounds perfect to be honest

Clio 182
I know what sort of times it's doing around there, and it'll be very competitive. Won't disclose what it's doing until it's in a race on saturday 5/9. b

That's fair enough, was purely interested for my own ends, not as a fellow competitor or anything (in comparison with my standard power car).
The cars in the combe saloon championship always amaze me how quick they lap with such little power and not even proper trackday tyres so I'd guess at well below the 1m20 mark. What series does it race in and compete against?

You'd be correct in the guess :)

He was doing 1.20's with traffic and a knackered engine at fcs!

He's in the tricolour trophy as a one off this season then enters in fully next year I believe!

Clio 182
I'd have been disappointed if my guess hadn't been pretty close!!
1.20 I'm traffic on a show day is good going too isn't it, 1st trackday out with my standard power car with just cheap coilovers I was only managing 1.25's.
If I'm free that saturday I'll come up and watch, I'm keen to see some of the tricolore trophy and the clio's now I've got one especially at combe!

WRX
Should be competitive and gewat to have Nick with us. Just bear in mind that times set on trackdays, can be totally different to on a raceday/quali.

Renault Clio RS ph2
All heads are hand done
Ported to give good power and torque
Developed on a flowbench, Im not releasing flow figures, dyno shows it all anyway. My heads flow better than CNC heads.
Heads are done at £400 now but can do deals on them
Do you do CNC valve seat job or also this is "hand done"?

Clio 172 turbo
Thanks, searching on dual exh pulleys returned a lot of info.
From what I can tell it looks like earlier on with the mk2 Catcams used to give you a choice if you wanted the inlet cam to be vvt or not, and yet still would call them 421, 422 etc.
Now though there is a non-VVT section (shared across mk2 and mk3) with separate non-VVT cam numbers, 432, 433 etc.

Also seems sticking an exhaust pulley on a VVT inlet cam means timing it is a pain in the ass (must use Cats tool to advance it properly). Whereas sticking an exhaust pulley on proper non-VVT cam is roughly spot on using the OEM horseshoe because it has been indexed that way (then of course verniers as ever just to tweak if required).

More than likely need ITB's too as it appears ditching VVT makes the idle worse, so all in all def not something I'll be doing to my 403's & on stock plenum!

Cheers

I have done a vvt delete on standard cams using exhaust pulley you have to machine the exhaust pulley for it to fit the inlet cam. Also the exhaust stud doesn't fit the inlet cam I welded the hole shut on the inlet bolt, tapped and fitted grub screws into the oil ways on the inlet cam with a it of lock tight to seal it from oil leaks.

Timing is the the same as normal it's no different than doing belt with vvt

Clio 200
Timing is the the same as normal it's no different than doing belt with vvt

I assumed you would want the cam in the vvt advanced position which is why I though timing would be a pain. But further reading shows inlet advancement is really for mid range and sometimes low end. For top end the articles I have been reading all show that a retarded inlet cam is better for top end, and so yeah standard position on these engines will probably do the trick.

Cheers