ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

get our 182 tomorrow!!!!!!!!

AHD

Ford Focus ST
me and Rob182 will be (hopefully) picking our 182 up tomorrow, meant to have got it on wed but wasnt ready, so I am sure we wont get much sleep!

106 GTi
Remember the night before getting mine, it's like being a kid at Xmas.

Enjoy the car tomorrow.

Golf R/Leon FR
awesome colour definatley have a sleepless night before getting it!!!
enjoy and get some pics up asap!!!

AHD said:
liquid yellow
Stunning colour that I love them.
Have fun.
I'd recomend changing the oil at 1k though and the gearbox oil as well if your keeping it for a long time.
And give it a few coats of wax as well.

Spoonie said:
Depends on what you consider 'right' ;)
Get it warm when you pick it up then give it some revs and full load ie full throttle up to 6k or so a few times. This helds make sure the rings make a good seal on the engine.
Also to bed in the brakes do hard braking for 60 to 5mph or so no dead stopping though ddo this hard a few times constantly and get the pads sticking to burn off all the protective treatments on them.
Just make sure when you stop the brakes are cool you don't want to handbrake etc welding on if you've got a hot brake setup.

RB182cup&golf gti
i ran mine in after a lot of research (anal i know) whereby you progessively build the revs up, dont drive it for long periods, no motorways, no constant speeds, no engine labouring etc and mines been as sweet as a nut (tempting fate!!), each time i drove it i'd give it some more revs than last time and short bursts of throttle (once allowed to warm up), didnt piss about like the book says - or you can do what edde said and bed the piston rings in

Ford Focus ST2
its not brand new, renault have used it for 7000 miles!

So i am sure it is bedded in now, but i well prob change the oil asap!!!

Here is a pic of it!!

attachment.jpg

A4 Avant & A3
thats a very nice colour.. i was driving along side one the other night on a ring road in bristol.. lovely looking motor. (didn't have a cliosport sticker mind you)

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
i think i might change the oil and filter on mine at 6k so will be asking for some advice on here when that comes!

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Hi Guys,
I picked my new 182 on Sunday evening and it was amazing!!! I think i took the edde route,lol. I kept it to 3,500 revs most of the time but short bursts of upto to 5,000-5,500. Unfortunately motorway driving couldn't of been avoided as its a 140 mile round trip to work and back. I've covered 1,050 miles already!!! Changing the oil and oil filter at 1,500.
Just wanted to say hope you enjoy it as much as me! Very rare colour.
John

SOON
:dead:
Norris_309 said:
thats a very nice colour.. i was driving along side one the other night on a ring road in bristol.. lovely looking motor. (didn't have a cliosport sticker mind you)

YOU FROM BRISTOL MATE WHEN DID YOU SEE IT COZ I THINK THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN ME I TOOK 1 FOR A TEST DRIVE