ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting a clio, any suggestions?

Clio, Corsa VXR
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and getting a clio soon, picking it up on sunday, it's just a 1.4 dynamique, the new shape (06).

It's done 43000 miles and was last serviced at 36000 miles, should I be changing the oil, spark plugs etc when I get it?

Can any one recommend a good set of lowering springs?
A good spoiler thats cheap?
And finally a good stereo with ipod compatibility and a stereo/stalk controls adapter?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
H&R 40mm springs or eibach sportlines. maby worth looking into sourcing a set of GT dampers while your at it if the bolt spacing is the same.

wont do any harm to do an oil filter and plug change on it, service intervals are every 18k or 2yrs what ever come first on an 06 plate from memory it may be 1yr though im sure someone can confirm it.

Spoiler id go for either K-Tec sprint or the SX spoiler from renault.

Discounted 1*2 parts
plugs should have been done at 36k, so check that first

never any harm doing an oil/filter change though (i generally do mine every 9k between services just for piece of mind)

Clio, Corsa VXR
Any thoughts on Apex springs? Had em on my corsa and they're only about £80 I think. Not sure what the quality difference is like on the Eibach etc though?

Okay I may as well change the oil and filter then, and will check if the plugs were done or not :)

Hmmm any ideas on the costs of those two mentioned spoilers? :)

And any recommendations on a stereo and wiring harness?

Cheers guys!