ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting a spare wheel

307 diesel & 1.2 TCE Clio
I posted last week asking about getting a spare wheel for the 182, that i can just throw in the boot when commuting.

I went to Renault today to ask if i can get hold of one, their reply was i couldn't get hold of any kind of steel or space saver, that i would have to get an additional alloy and tyre.

Does this sound right?

Also its £105 +vat for the alloy, and £130 +vat for the tyre.

surely there must be a cheaper option.

Stick any CLio tre and wheel in the boot its no problem.
A 16 inch wheel with the same sized tyres is the best idea but its expensive (£130 for a tyre is stupid you get can thm for £90 I think).
You need a minimum of a 15 inch to get to fit on the front around the brakes but if you get a 14 etc stick it on the back if you have a puncture and stick a back tyre on the front this is what the CTR drivers have to do.

Not very good typing sorry.

A smaller tyre might kick up a problem with the ABS as it will turn at a different rate so either unplug an ABS sensor and the system will go to none ABS mode or drive carefully (which you should od anyway with a spare different sized wheel).

clio 182 black /gold
I bought an alloy for £90 and a tyre for £102 fitted. I hit the kerb and had a blow out. So i had a part worn put on which is in the boot and a new wheel one.