ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting a starlet gt turbo, anyone persuade me not too?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could try and persuade you not to, based just on the looks, but that would be rude, especially as I have no experience of them. What's the performance like?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  sdaf
well its jap,great performance,reliability

0-60 on that car probably around the 6.5 region, stock being 6.9 on the gt with it being lighter than the glanza but same engine, not the looks im going for, i have that now with my current car its all about the performance and japs the way forward imo

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  ITB BG 182
Well up here in nottingham where we have all the s**t with the police an all the local "boy racers" as people say, theres a lad i used to know before the police banned him an he had a starlet gt turbo an it was modified to the nuts but it did beat evos and scoobys off the lights plus it well an truly kept up with them around the track.
I would have one as a second car just for the giggles.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  RS 172
I've been looking at these a lot recently. Seem to be a bit of a b**ch to insure though, as they dont come up on any lists online. Ugly, but that wouldnt bother me if I had a car with brilliant performance.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My old one -

toms063.jpg

toms056.jpg

And the spec -

Body -

99 Spec front bumper cut out for fmic
Clear Front Indicators
Clear side repeaters
15" Yarris SR alloys with Yoko A539's all round

Engine -

HKS SSQV
Walbro Uprated Fuel Pump
Sard rising rate fuel pressure regulator
330cc Denso injectors
HKS Mushroom filter
Apexi megafone exhaust cat back exhaust
Stainless decat
Uprated manifold
ct9-ct12 uprated hybrid turbo with ported and flowed wastgate (Just rebuilt with 2 year warrenty)
HKS Adjustable Actuator
Uprated ignition leads
Uprated NGK plugs
Front mounted intercooler
Exedy Clutch
Air con removed
TRD Oil Cap
Toms Rad Cap (High pressure)
TRD sweatbands

Suspension/Handling/Stopping -

Cusco Front and Rear strut braces
Anti Lift Kit
Tein Coilovers with adjustable top mounts
Uprated pads front and rear
Groved front disks

Interior -

Bucket seats with Sabelt Harnesses
Stripped out rear (Still have seats etc)
OMP Steering wheel

Security -

Toad Cat 1

Insurance is very cheap on them. I was insured through Admiral.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A mixture of the ex missus and having to use a car on the mway more. Held a Evo 6 to 100 easily enough much to the evo owners dispare..lol

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172
if u get them set up right wot a great car! but having a mate who inports parts is very handy to!!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  E91 M Sport
Went in my friends Glanza for the first time last weekend....wow - looks good in white but they're pretty tiny so I didn't expect much - I was wrong! Has bags of torque thanks to the turbo and sounds amazing. He's upgrading to an RX7 soon, I'm sure he'll sell it to you, its got some sick ray's on there too... ;)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Black Gold 182
I was after one of these (but the Glanza) before I got the clio. For their age they keep the money well, so you could flog it on after abit fun in it.

They are stupidly fast once tuned, and its gonna be cheap tax :D

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Look alright on the outside, later Glanza model is nicer to look at over the Starlet GT. Interior mings on all of them though from what I've seen :(

Trader Rating - 100%
7   0   0
  Monblue bombay badboy!
bloke i work with has a glanza and at first i thought it was crap but it did grow on me. I had a drive of it the other day and it was great fun. Have to admit dont like the one your looking at, but if you want one hold out and you will find a nicer one than that:)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Iceberg 172
There's loads of these round Leeds & Bradford.... noisy little feckers but undeniably swift round the streets.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was seriously quick. Not what you want to hear but it left my mates 172 for dead but mine was silly tuned really...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Arctic Blue FF 182
just ran those plates through one of the quick online checks iv used a lot recently and got the following back:
VRM- M563FNW
MANUFACTURER
MODEL
BODY TYPE
COLOUR
FUEL TYPE
ENGINE SIZE- 0 CC
DATE REGISTERED- Not Recorded
FORMer KEEPERS- 0

just thought id share to make sure nothing fishy

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Arctic Blue FF 182
so the check came through with nothing?

yeah, i havn't had anything come back with nothing, seems the plate isn't registered, but it could be something completely innocent, like a new plate on because of a personalised plate, but worth checking out for sure. Just thought id give a heads up

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182trophy & Williams
i'd buy that. do it mate, as far as i know there rapid little motors

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  sdaf
right about the the registering stuff the guy said

"The car is a fresh imprt, so it wudnt have picked it up on DVLA yet, it got registered in december"

is this true?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Arctic Blue FF 182
right about the the registering stuff the guy said

"The car is a fresh imprt, so it wudnt have picked it up on DVLA yet, it got registered in december"

is this true?

i guess it could be, im no expert though. Is it common for an 'M' reg to be imported? Would the v5 say import on it? Maybe phone DVLA they would be the best bet i would have thought.