ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting car lowerd today!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Plan for today was to go into Banbury, and get all my easter shopping done, thought as i was there i might as well pick up the springs for my car. Txtd my friend to see if hed found anyone to fit them for me, and he said i could get it done today. £30 for the springs, and £40 for the lowering.. ill get piccys when its done! :)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

eeerm.. remind me what kinds there are ;) i cant remember the name. Yellow box, black text..

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

35mm on the front, and hes loosend the taustion bar, cause it was seased.. and he will do the back next weekend, think im going 60mm on the back. Although they all told me it looks wicked how it is now.. i still think the back needs doing.

Hmm, You definetly need the back lowering if the fronts been lowered.

What alloys you got? You might need the inner lip on the arch grinding away and sealing.. My -35mm drop on the back catches on my 195/50/15 tyre wall and causes a mark around it!

We still need pics!

Daz.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

i would do pics, but my parents are away this weekend, and they took the camera, will do some tomorrow

daz, u got RT arches? does the back rub on the lip coz i wanna get mine lowered but dont wanna do it if it catches until i get enough cash to sort the arches out! i got 195/45/15

Suzuki SV650

Essex lad you should be alright with those profile tyres, although with loads of fat b******s/birds/ICE/stuff in the back you might scrape the tyres a *bit*. Inner lip of the arch wouldnt be too hard to get rid of. Ive got 195/50/15 tyres and it scrubs on the drivers side tyre but not on the other side?!! Mate has same tyres and same Phase Clio but his dont scrub. Not sure why.

Bubbles I thought you wernt going to get ur car lowered?! Not sure if Id lower the rear more than the front as youll start to understeer? Mind you, should be alright in that 1.2 of yours ;) How r u anyways? :p

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

erm.. sweeney, you must have me confused with someone else, because ive always wanted to get it lowered.. and its not a 1.2 ;)

And im fine thanks, keep looking at the car. its a 1.4 and next up is the body kit!

Daz- i had mine lowered 55mm on the back with 16" ozs and never scrubbed at all not even with 2 people in the back! What offset are your wheels?