ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting dents in your pride and joy

GUTTED!

I now have two parking dents in my N/S door, its so gut wrenching when you are washing the car you love only to discover another dent *heart drops to floor*

I know who it is aswell, the nextdoor neighbours have a little boy who seems to like swining the door wide open when he gets out. I park as far away from their car as i can, and i notice they have started to park as far away on their side, this tells me they know that i know that its the boy, but what can i do??

GUTTED!

clio doors are made of paper,everytime i go to ASDA i seem to get another one,i will wait till i get a large enough collection and get them pulled out....so Mr ML500 can tw*t my door again when he feels like it!

Ive got millions, everytime I get a new one now i just don t care. Glad mine isnt a newer one (although i wish it was!). Its one of those things, just hope Karma gets the b*stards back. A women once did it to me whilst I was in the car... I was like "WTF are you doing!!!?"... In my head of course, she was old.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

they annoy me SO much. I try to park my new car in the corner of car parks, away from everything so it doesnt pick up dents. Same with the other cars too. Fez and Williams both have dents on them. Soooooo upsetting and annoying,.

Same here, I park miles away in car parks, sometimes over 2 spaces, ive had several arguments wiv people who have tw*tted my car when they get out. Ive got one dent already and its really pissing me off, why are some people such muppets? Is it really that difficult to be careful?

car parks are b*llocks, had my door whacked by a bird in a saxo, while i was in the car :mad: stupid b*tch wernt looking and just let it swing open. i would have whinged about it but she was with about fifteen geezers, and there were only four of us .

i always use the kids spaces in places like supermarkets, and if any one has a problem ill tell them im practising for when i do have kids :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Blocko on 18 June 2003

GUTTED!
I now have two parking dents in my N/S door, its so gut wrenching when you are washing the car you love only to discover another dent *heart drops to floor*

I know who it is aswell, the nextdoor neighbours have a little boy who seems to like swining the door wide open when he gets out. I park as far away from their car as i can, and i notice they have started to park as far away on their side, this tells me they know that i know that its the boy, but what can i do??

GUTTED!

You could always reverse in so that the wee boy does the other sdie to match! Only kidding I would absolutely hate it if someone put any dents in my pride and joy!

Why dont you sneak out when it is dark and super glue some shag pile carpet all along the sides of your neighbours car to make it soft and wont mark your car anymore!

;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Just thought of something else! When parking your car in a public place how about throwing a nice soft chinese style rug or a fleecy blanket (with weights at the bottom in case it is windy) over the car so that it sits over the roof and both sides, that should stop any dents.

Could start a new craze!

;)

GUTTED!

GUTTED!

i would collar the little b*****d and say:-

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055977755__star.jpg

so leave my motor alone before i pan you you lil fuk

lee

Quote: Originally posted by Lee Majors on 19 June 2003

GUTTED!

GUTTED!

i would collar the little b*****d and say:-

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1055977755__star.jpg

so leave my motor alone before i pan you you lil fuk

lee
ROFLMAO!!!

My mum parks her car in a private car park when at work...the week after she picked up a brand new car a bloke in an old van parked next to her and opened his door on to the rear wing of her car and took out a chunk of paint with it.......The paint off my mums car was still on the van door as he stood there and denied it!!!!! He got so aggressive that she ended up calling the police...who did nothing coz it was a private car park, and he got away with the damage and the verbal abuse!!! :mad:

She doesnt have the car anymore and the bloke now parks well away, but I still get pissed off every time I see him...if only....

Sold MK1 RSI to travel

Ive just found a dent in my driver side door after parking it in Safeways car park. You know what it is people just swing there bloody door open without a care in the world and when they realise theyve done it your not around and you end up finding out at the weekend when you clean your car. :eek:

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

does anyone else agree that the main prob is really with car parking places being too small?? I know its all done to get the maximum number of cars into the smallest place possible, but some are rediculously narrow. I know itll never happen, but they should provide wider spaces for those that CARE for their cars.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

also was in a car park outside a fuel station, and some people in an 03 reg Clio (rental one with Easy car) opened their door, whacked it into my new car, and just carried getting into the car. LUCKILY it didnt damage my car, but OMG I would have KILLED them if there was a dent :mad:

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Quote: Originally posted by MarkC on 19 June 2003

Im getting some cones to cone off the spaces either side when i park. knowing my luck the roof will get dented by an old sattellite returning to earth
sorry for the millions of posts on this topic lol, but the roof dent happened to my Williams when parked in a street. Cost me almost £200 in repairs, and still there are scratches on my roof :mad:

Quote: Originally posted by Louise on 19 June 2003

Im getting some cones to cone off the spaces either side when i park. knowing my luck the roof will get dented by an old sattellite returning to earth
sorry for the millions of posts on this topic lol, but the roof dent happened to my Williams when parked in a street. Cost me almost £200 in repairs, and still there are scratches on my roof :mad:
looks like your going to have to rap the car up in a duvet every time you leave it!!!

I remember seeing something on TV (a good few years ago now) that car park owners (only works in multistories) could install.

It was just a big bit of foam that attached to the ceiling between car parking spaces and you could open your door, it would swing over to let you out but if you pushed too far it acted as a cushion between cars... quite a cheap and easy idea.

I must point out how useless clio side strips are though, you know two clios parked beside each other will bash each other they are that useless.

Clios, made of cheese, how french!

GR7

Shiny red R32

No doubt on your return to your car the cones will be all over your roof!

GR7

Shiny red R32

does anyone else agree that the main prob is really with car parking places being too small?? I know its all done to get the maximum number of cars into the smallest place possible, but some are rediculously narrow. I know itll never happen, but they should provide wider spaces for those that CARE for their cars.
You are quite right Louise, which is the reason that people who care for their cars take up two spaces.

Also, the allocated spaces are far too small for these Chelsea Tractors (Range Rovers), also Espaces, Shoguns, Freelanders etc and loads of the folk who drive them never venture off the school or shopping trail and I have often seen them reversing and catching someone elses bumper and dont even know that they have done any damage.