ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting hammered with fake requests from MSN

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
As the title says really, getting 2 or 3 friend requests on MSN a day and dunno why. AVG is fully up to date and not finding anything.

Any ideas why all of a sudden this has started?

Cheers
John

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yea i've recently been having this! Really annoying, but i just hold onto ESC until they all go.

Same here, I don't publish my email address anywhere, although I've only ever had one hotmail / MSN email address, and it's now 12 years old so must be on some spammers lists.

185lb/ft dCi
yep they tend to generate hotmail addresses, because its been around for so long and its used so much its likely you will be on one of their lists somewhere.

Facelift R53 Cooper S
How odd as i've been having the exact same thing.

I've had the e-mail address 7 years and only in the past month or so have i started to receive spam.

Hyundai i40
^^ exactly the same as you, young lew, had mine years with no probs now im getting loads of requests.

182FF with cup packs
I get a s**t ton on my MSN. Then again I've had my hotmail address for at least 13 years (I got mine back when it was called HoTMaiL (HTML mail, and wasn't owned by MS) and it's only 8 characters long, so it comes up everytime they randomly generate a spamlist :mad:

Having said that, MS's spam filter is pretty good these days, I probably only actually get 5 or 6 actual spam mails make it through to my inbox per week.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Been getting loads, bloody annoying.

The messages go like this if you talk to them.
Them: Hi,
ME: Hi,
Them:how are you
Me: Ok.
Them: Hey i got to go my cams starting soon, talk to me at xxxxxxxx

Ok, block and deleted.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Been getting loads, bloody annoying.

The messages go like this if you talk to them.
Them: Hi,
ME: Hi,
Them:how are you
Me: Ok.
Them: Hey i got to go my cams starting soon, talk to me at xxxxxxxx

Ok, block and deleted.

i get these all the time :mad: