ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting Insurance quotes - what do you do about getting them early?

I might be having a dumb moment, but..

I know everyone says to shop around when it comes to renewal, but I've got two weeks till renewal, and I was just wondering, how do people get the quotes in advance.

For example, say you took out insurance on 30th March last year, and so its up for renewal 30th March this year, which is two weeks away, and you will have gained 1 year / another year no claims.
Obviously you won't have actually got another years no claims till the 30th, so when you ring companies up now, do you say how much no claims you've got, as of when you want the insurance to start.
Also if you do it online, say you do it in advance, some sites if you say the date you passed, and then say you've got 1/2/3 years no claims, it comes back saying that its not possible to have that much no claims, looking at the date you passed.
You can't do all your renewal comparing the day you need it renewed can you..

Up until now, I've always just changed the date I passed to the day I'm searching, so say today..
What happens when you ring, do you need to do the same?

I'm not really sure I've worded that very well, if anyone understands!?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
When i did mine I rang up my current insurer at the time (Adrian flux) almost a month before my insurance run out to tell them I wasn't renewing with them because they were too expensive and they sent me my no claims certificate there and then by email