ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting your images noticed

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Ian

Focus TDCi
Congrats :)

I would love to get to that stage, good little side earner while at uni and then something to look into for the future! (Although looking at Speccy's thread, it sounds like quite a tough market..)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Really just hoping to get alot of practise in over the winter season then turn it in to a small buisness venture in march time, once i have a few more contacts and that :D Really enjoying it though.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Well enjoying it is the main thing and the more contacts you have the better. Once you've made a bit of moola you could sponsor me to be your associate by buying me a decent camera ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Well enjoying it is the main thing and the more contacts you have the better. Once you've made a bit of moola you could sponsor me to be your associate by buying me a decent camera ;)

Lol im only using a second hand 350D that i bought with my brother of Ebay, with the cheapest sigma zoom lens, its not even the APO version (but SHH dont tell any one :p)

Ian

Focus TDCi
Haha! Well it's done you well so far; I'll probably pick up a D40 nearer to Christmas, will have to keep messing around with my bridge model for now.

Hopefully now your names on a few photos on a site like that it'll lead to further things anyway.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Haha! Well it's done you well so far; I'll probably pick up a D40 nearer to Christmas, will have to keep messing around with my bridge model for now.

Hopefully now your names on a few photos on a site like that it'll lead to further things anyway.

Thats what im hoping i also send a few shots direct to Mallory park, just on the off chance they use them on their site :D no harm in trying, "shy boys get nothing" :D

It's a good feeling, for sure. I would recommend Flickr to get your stuff out there a bit more as well (it's free!). It can take a while but I've built up a great list of contacts, and people start to look out for your work from certain events. I've had loads of requests through there, always nice to get!

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Yeh i have a FlickR its only been up a week still learning how to use the contacts ect, my flickR name is Adrianbarron, please add me Ukaskew, always like looking through ur photos :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
Don't quite get how Flickr works, but I think I've added you as a contact Adrian. Suppose I should really get some photos up on there as well.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Yeh i confirmed you and added you to mine :p yeah i still figuring out the ropes of it.