ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gift Horse? Free Car FTW

As you may know been looking at getting rid of the missus' old Metro cabrio. Well it's demise was due to a blown head gasket last week. Spoke to my mum who was changing her car this week. Decided that she would rather give her car to my missus rather than trade it in as it was worthless as a trade in. So we went and picked it up this week. My mum is currently recovering from a hip replacement op so has not driven the car since Christmas and has not been able to clean it either. Drove home 150 miles in it yesterday and have spent the whole day valeting it

Before:

DSC_0261.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0263.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

After an internal valet and two washes. Polish and detailing to be done next week when my son borrows the mop from work.

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0267.jpg

DSC_0268.jpg

DSC_0269.jpg

I know it's a Vauxhall Agila which is their version of a Suzuki Waggon R. But it is a 2001 with only 43000 miles on the clock and full service history. The missus is really pleased with it and I am hoping has now lost her love for the Metro. It's quite sprightly as well being a 1.2 16v. And the best thing is that it has cost us nothing.

Another thing is that it has got a huge load space with the seats down so no more trips to the tip in the Clio thank god.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/tlm/DSC_0266http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/tlm/DSC_0262.jpg

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mum had a wagon R+ so funny to drive fast, wheelspins all the time lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I like them! They're really good fun to drive.

Brilliant for free also!

120d M-Sport
Very nice for free, cleans up very well too :)

Lol @ people who would rather walk its for his missus not for you lol, some people take cars for granted but everyone knows they would rather drive than walk. FACT! :rasp:

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Fair play, I wouldn't turn down a free car either if I needed a new one.

And hey, if postman pat's van breaks down you can always lend him the Agila...no one will know the difference lol!

Last edited:
  Turbos.
I really hope you're just detailing that little box to sell on for a tidy profit, not because you're sad as fcuk and have nothing better to do...

I really hope you're just detailing that little box to sell on for a tidy profit, not because you're sad as fcuk and have nothing better to do...

My son works in a bodyshop and they're not that busy at the moment so he has some spare time at work and will be able to access the workshop. Unfortunately won't be selling it on as Glasses have valued it at £850 and would still have to get a car for the missus.