ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Glaceol RX Type E LDR Blue coolant sent by mistake or genuinely the right stuff?

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
I'm the same, I just really like the type d so will get a couple of bottles to tide me over a decade. I'm sure there are other coolants that are just as good but it's easier just to use the same type d on all 3 of my clios, the colour is lush too.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I'm the same, I just really like the type d so will get a couple of bottles to tide me over a decade. I'm sure there are other coolants that are just as good but it's easier just to use the same type d on all 3 of my clios, the colour is lush too.

@Gus If I ever show up to CSF I will bring you 40L (8 Bottles)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I am fed up chasing perfect green type D coolant on all my cars, this has sealed it! I'm moving over to cheap trade red now! cheap as chips in 25 litres!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Let's be honest, this is one of the main reasons people like it so much. It looks good in the engine bay with a new coolant bottle 😅
I remember getting my first new one in 2005, pulling my potato out my pocket and taking a picture of it i thought it was so cool!
DVC00032.JPG

DVC00033.JPG

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Excuse me, what now?? 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: Gus

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Dont buy coolant from my Arnold Clark link in this thread, the b******s have sent me 2x Type E LDR coolant despite me asking them to double heck it was Type D they were sending.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I thought it would be the case. I’m putting the blue stuff in tomorrow.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
I found it quite hard to get distilled water locally but managed to get some from Halfords. Ill take a pic when it’s done and another in a week to see what colour it ends up being.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Looking closer - the Type E LDR only has a 3 year shelf life compared to 8 or 10 for type D. This is a piss take - the LDR is going straight back to Arnold Clark.
This is LDR:
Screenshot_20240202_182824_Gallery.jpg

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Ive got some febi bilstein type d on order. See what its like when it turns up.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Looking closer - the Type E LDR only has a 3 year shelf life compared to 8 or 10 for type D. This is a piss take - the LDR is going straight back to Arnold Clark.
This is LDR:
View attachment 1678675
I've had exactly the same. I ordered type D and they sent me type E.
The delivery charge was £3.99 but to send it back they're charging £4.60 😡
Robbing b******s.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Robbing b******s.
1000121813.jpg

I actually sent them that email above and they replied to say it's type d they are sending. b******s better let me return it for free.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
View attachment 1678700
I actually sent them that email above and they replied to say it's type d they are sending. b******s better let me return it for free.
The thing is with this new coolant. The shelf life is only 3 years. That's if it's left unopened.
Once it's in the engine and going through lots of heating and cooling cycles, surely it degrades and the life of the coolant is a lot less? 😮
Not everybody changes their coolant every 2 or 3 years if its a 2nd car and only used at the weekend etc....
It certainly doesn't give you much confidence that it protects the engine.

I've emailed them telling them it's false advertising and I want a full refund and free returns🤞

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Robbing b******s.

You're not allowed to charge the customer for return postage are you?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You're not allowed to charge the customer for return postage are you?
To be honest, I don't know.
I could understand if It was something I was sending back that I'd ordered and was correct, I'd just changed my mind.
But they're clearly advertising type D and sending type E. So that's got to be wrong in itself.
Like I said. I have emailed them but I'll be phoning them too on Monday.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
According to which website.
If the item is not as described you shouldn't be charged a return fee.
There's a free template letter on the website too.
Screenshot_20240202_215943_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg
Screenshot_20240202_215957_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
So after a few flushes the liquid coming out was still light Green, on the rs200 you can’t really see the liquid in the bottle, it kind of looks grey from a distance.

Attachments

• 99724238-3ec6-4426-9315-06c525d44925.jpeg
    99724238-3ec6-4426-9315-06c525d44925.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 84dd0010-e91a-4aba-b2fd-83e4537de066.jpeg
    84dd0010-e91a-4aba-b2fd-83e4537de066.jpeg
    79.6 KB · Views: 43
  • c7505792-c084-406d-b7d3-55abf582f4ca.jpeg
    c7505792-c084-406d-b7d3-55abf582f4ca.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 45

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If you have ran Bright Lime Green coolant in your car for 10/15 years its going to very hard to fully drain and flush it out, I have heard and seen of people putting Lime scale drain foam through the system and cleaning it out with a hose in the coolant bottle.
The blue looks sh*t

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
So after a few flushes the liquid coming out was still light Green, on the rs200 you can’t really see the liquid in the bottle, it kind of looks grey from a distance.
Need to flush block, heater and radiator forwards and backwards with a hosepipe to have half a chance of it not changing colour.

Chocice

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, RSI, 200
To be honest, I don't know.
I could understand if It was something I was sending back that I'd ordered and was correct, I'd just changed my mind.
But they're clearly advertising type D and sending type E. So that's got to be wrong in itself.
Like I said. I have emailed them but I'll be phoning them too on Monday.

Need to flush block, heater and radiator forwards and backwards with a hosepipe to have half a chance of it not changing colour.
I’m not keen on using any tap water at all due to the deposits it can leave. The febi stuff is probably the best option for most people if you care about the colour.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I’m not keen on using any tap water at all due to the deposits it can leave. The febi stuff is probably the best option for most people if you care about the colour.
Tap water causes no issues for flushing, simply flush and blow water out/fill up with coolant. Not in long enough to leave any deposits.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
What's the shelf life like on the febi coolant?