ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gnomes ..recycled Monaco track/sprint car on a budget

CLIO 172,CLIO182
Bought this lump of scrap http://s738.photobucket.com/user/paul_gore1/library/Lump of scrap?sort=2&page=1a year ago as a bit of fun ,due to one reason and another I have listed below what we have done,the we is me and my cousin he builds these for a living and have included two of his cars in the photos including a day at Mercedes world and a day testing at the top gear test track.

The tale of a Clio..............

Bought the car in bits for £400 (engine was in ), ran the engine up on the drive ran for 4 minutes before the cambelt snapped (4 hours after buying)
1x complete head rebuild inc new valves,dephaser, springs, matched inlets,gas flowed (Thanks to my cousin)etc ,bought a donor car used a 182 head rs inlets and exhaust manifold sold the rest .
Suspension re fresh the whole lot.
Brembo Max discs on the front ,with Brembo pads for road use(CL's for track use ,thanks to my cousin)braided hoses front and back
New discs and bearings for the rear with brembo standard pads for the rear ,New shockers.
Aircon delete
All new seals in all brake calipers(Thanks to my Cousin)
Back stripped out and cleaned up (resistors fitted)
Cheap 15" alloys with adoo8 for sprints and normal road use /Silverstone FTZ Type RR Tarmac Tyres for the track (Thanks to my cousin )for supplying several sets of both tyres.
Car finished drove it out the shed left it running for ten minutes while cleaning it and knocked the bottom end out of it.
Couldn't use the existing engine too much damage (spun the shells)etc
Number two donor car is now purchased (Clean Monaco )with knackered gearbox
Used all the body panels and some purchased from a member on here to replace/swap any that where not so good on mine
Engine removed and re built arp bolts etc ,lighted flywheel all balanced (Thanks to my cousin)
Engine re-fitted all ok
Gearbox now knackered
New clutch fitted and gearbox rebuilt all new syncros and bearings (Thanks to my Cousin)
Car fails MOT
New 200 cell cat fitted
Car passes MOT
All ok
Car goes for GEO set up ,back axle bent
Second hand axle re fitted along with new ABS sensor after going into fault
GEO completed
Alterations to the exhaust(Cousin has an engineer that designs exhausts)_don't ask he gets anal about exhausts for some reason
Car now throws the hazard lights on every time you drop the drivers window(Poly carbs to be fitted)

Car is now complete hoping to do a few sprints this year with Liverpool/Chester Motor club and a few track days
A big thank you to all the members that supplied me with bits ,my Cousin and most importantly the most understanding wife in the world