ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go karting at the three sisters race track??

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Grand Prix Plus
A more competitive event for the small or medium sized groups. This event can accommodate up to 45 competitors on the Club Circuit, but we do require a minimum of 10 drivers.* All drivers compete in the three heats with points awarded for finishing positions to then determine which final they are entered into.

Grand Prix Plus Format:

5 minute warm up
3 x 6 minute heat races
2 x 7 minute finals (top drivers in the 'A' final, runners up in the 'B' final etc)
For parties of 30 and over you can upgrade the above event to include a hot or cold buffet.* The cost of this would be £60 per driver.

You can upgradeeither of the above formats by adding an additional qualifying heat and extending the finals to 10 minutes.* This would cost an additional £10 per driver.

Anyone fancy this in some of these....

Twin-engined Pro Karting is considered a step-up from indoor Karting. They are professional racing machines powered by 2 unrestricted 160cc Honda 4 stroke engines and whilst they are capable of speeds up to 70mph, their 2 pedal operation makes them very easy to drive.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Three Sisters Race Circuit
Three Sisters Road
Ashton-in-Makerfield
Wigan
Lancashire
WN4 8DD

Thats where it's at for people to see how far away it is

Done the same event a few times before there, its good because its outside but its very expensive for the amount of actual time you get out in the karts... 30ish mins for £60 compared to £15 for 20mins at most indoor places...

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Ye I thought it was a little expensive but due to a m8s business being on the back of the track he said he could get discount on it depending on how many want to go (the more the better)

I would have the said the one at Oswestry because it's outdoor again but the karts are slower :(

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
There is a daytona indoor go karting place in trafford park in manchester.. dont know about prices or anyting though

Daytona is pretty cheap for 20/25 minute sessions its about £20-£30. They have both indoor and outdoor tracks. Only done the indoor one twice and thought it was brilliant.

I'd be up for some NW carting action though!

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
That's cool then I just put up this track up because it's a little diff and my m8 said about the possible discount but if there's better ones around then we should go there.

But I deffo think some go karting is in need maybe end of april start of may time??

1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Put me on the list... just need dates a few weeks before hand to book time off work/have enough money

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right this is just a list of interest then if we get say 10+ people wantin to come we can sort dates and where to go :)

1. Fastdanbar
2. Jon.G
3. Jamie 16V

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
1. Fastdanbar
2. Jon.G
3. Jamie 16V
4 crazyasswhite boy
5. Jamie 16v's Brother
6. V6 clo

So where are we going? Anyone bin to the one in Warrington?

Yeah SpeedKarting is quite good, but when you are talking about an exclusive event (like three sisters) it gets upto about the same price. To make it 'cheap' you need at least 30+ IMO.

This was probably one of the best CS Karting meets ive been to: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...ids-Meet-(Loads-of-Pics...)&highlight=karting

With that many people it was £35 for a full exclusive event, so that gives you an idea of what sort of cost it should be for a higher number...

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I am up for anywhere but a few people have told me that the speedkarting is good but whatever I am game.

Just found the details from when we last went to SpeedKarting.

Grand Prix, circa £50/person if you get 30 people. 5 minute practice per person, 5 races per person, top 8 go into final. Lasts around 3 hours

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
That's not bad 50 quid I'm sure the one at sandy croft ain't that much cheaper for a GP and that's not great at all!

Is Warrington near enough in the middle of the northwest lot??

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Pretty much I think

That's maybe the best place to go then well unless there's a better place in that area??

1. Fastdanbar
2. Jon.G
3. Jamie 16V
4 crazyasswhite boy
5. Jamie 16v's Brother
6. V6 clo
7. Lloyd (camera b*tch)
8. Bambi (camera b*tchs helper)

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I did the Warrington one a few years ago. By the time you've done all the heats you'll know about it. I found it very tough on the arms and the lack of grip on certain parts of the track makes it very tricky. I'd prefer a tarmac outdoor track tbh.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Is this on the proper track?! :S 6min race, is about 3 laps!

Love Wigan, the Valley track was poss my favourite track in the UK. Soooo fast! All down the power! :)

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right plan is to do it middle of may because there a few things people are havin trouble with ATM, I'm gonna open a new thread but it's between Warrington and three sisters and three sisters is a proper track that cars and bikes use but we shall be using 70mph twin engined karts instead :) or it's Warrington which is 2 floors and really really long but still indoors but it's still good :)

Im gonna price up both and that will be a big factor of the choice but does anyone think one is alot better than the other and a reason for it??

Last edited:
  1.2 16V Clio (Blue)
Right plan is to do it middle of may because there a few things people are havin trouble with ATM, I'm gonna open a new thread but it's between Warrington and three sisters and three sisters is a proper track that cars and bikes use but we shall be using 70mph twin engined karts instead :) or it's Warrington which is 2 floors and really really long but still indoors but it's still good :)

Im gonna price up both and that will be a big factor of the choice but does anyone think one is alot better than the other and a reason for it??

Thats fine mate, I'm up for anywhere I think indoor could possibly be a bit better because you know any time us lot go out together it rains lol

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Warrington is a f**king ACE track and really testing as there are several surface changes.

I am deffo down for it, and do is the missus

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Right sorry it's been put back a little things kept stopping me from getting this sorted :S Sunday the 17th of June at warrington good for people??

Arctic 182
Ah, sorry Jon - didn't see your thread! Away that weekend as it happens though mate. Definitely give me a shout if you organise something similar again though