ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go Pilot?

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting this over the more expensive Tom Tom and was wondering how good it is compared to the Tom Tom?

Also does it have to be mounted or can the iPhone just be on a flat steady surface in the car?

Thanks in advance.

Tesla MP3 2021
Co Pilot you mean ;)

I've been using it since I got my iP4. I think its very good, good guidance, clear instructions, nice layout etc etc. A lot of people seem to prefer it over the TomTom (stand alone or iPhone App). The only downside for me is that you can only either have 2 bits of info showing at one time i.e speed, distance to destination or you can set them to cycle between them all. Where as TomTom you can have all bits of info showing at all times which I like.

In all though a very good App for half the price of the TomTom

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've got both on my iPhone. I was a massive copilot fan, but since getting tomtom it's been deleted. Tomtom is massively, massively better in a few respects. Hd traffic is way ahead of the copilot system. Very accurate and automatically offers a quicker alternate route if possible.
More importantly for me, the routing is far, far better. Couple of journeys I make on a reg basis, it's suggested different routes which have always been quicker.

Yeah sorry guys I meant co pilot, I got confused with the i-go you get with Vauxhall's!

Do you have to use a cradle to use either the Tom Tom or the Co-pilot?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It's down to personal preference at the end og the day. I have had both and find CoPilot much better for my needs.

I just use a car vent cradle that I got off of eBay for mine, never had a problem getting a GPS fix!

It's down to personal preference at the end og the day. I have had both and find CoPilot much better for my needs.

I just use a car vent cradle that I got off of eBay for mine, never had a problem getting a GPS fix!

If I left the iPhone on my passenger seat would still get a fix?

Bumder With A Buffer
I have a mount that auctions onto the front windscreen. Perfect IMO. Got it from eBay along with a car charger.