ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go Pro Karma and Hero 5

malcolmgt

ClioSport Club Member
  MK Golf GTI
Go pro have launched the new range. "which can be useful if you're using your hands to hold on to ski poles, parachute straps or kayak oars." LOL.

The Karma will be £720 without a go pro and £1000 with a hero 5... WOWZA. Basically a drone camera..

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
But it doesn't follow does it? Not sure how it's good when you need both hands on the poles etc?

Only watched a quick video the other day but i'm sure i didn't see anything about a follow me mode, so you'll only be able to use the drone when filming someone else.

The gimbal will be really good though.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Its handy for skiing etc. Not that I ski, but for certain mountain bike courses would be good.
Otherwise, using it for sports, you are filming other people.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
DJI Phantom doesn't go below the altitude it starts at in follow mode (at least it didn't last time I checked), so no it's not very handy for skiing :p

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ah I didn't realise that.
I've seen one that follows, don't think it was a big name though, and the video shown it following a snow boarder down a run.
Might have been a kickstarter video actually.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah in practice it's not a very reliable method for shooting stuff.

If you want to capture something cool then getting someone half decent to pilot it is the best bet. Some of the Phantoms have a VERY cool feature where you can use 2 remotes. 1 to fly the thing and the other to control the camera