ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

God dam it, Smashed my HTC screen

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone know a good site or know if there easily replaced?

Its a HTC HD and the screen has smashed, it still works perfectly fine so if its to expensive i wont get it fixed.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
its easy to fix (solongs your good with a screw driver), and it wont be the screen, it will be the digitizer glass. ebay have them for sale...

Polo + Micra
wouldn't even bother trying to replace just the digitiser (it's probably laminated to the lcd)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Easy to change. Probably just the outer screen that is smashed. Takes around a hour max from start to finish. Ebay is best place for replacement parts.

Polo + Micra
on my htc hd2 the digitiser and lcd were glued together

you can get just digitisers but they are a c**t to change

Nothing at the mo :(
Well it still works atm. Cant really feel the smash on the screen but its about 1/4 of the whole screen is smashed. Il just wait til it breaks a bit more until i fix it. Contract on phone runs out in 6-7 months so im trying to hold out til then

Bumder With A Buffer
Digitizer is easy to change. If it seems stuck just use a hairdryer on it and it comes off easy then.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Sounds similar to what happened to mine last year. ~£130 for HTC to repair iirc.

Ended up buying an insane Otterbox case after that.

Bumder With A Buffer
I changed the other halfs digitizer on Friday evening on her Samsung Galaxy Ace (was smashed due to her dropping it)

Hardest bits was forgetting to take out the SD card and wondering why I couldn't remove the main PCB from case and putting the ribbon cable for the digitizer in :eek: