ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Godspeed Brakes

Silver Fabia vRS

Has anyone got them fitted or had any dealing with them? I have heard good reports from Scooby owners that have them but wondered if anyone here had invested in a set? Im looking to upgrade the front discs and pads all round.

Cheers,
Geoff

Silver Fabia vRS

Just find they brake fade fairly easily when pushed hard and I am starting to do more track days and feel the brakes after a while dont inspire confidence!

i think you can fit laguna calipers on....i think, was talking to mardi fras motorsport who run 2 cliocup cars in the UK series....they say they think its laguna brakes and front struts renault sport provide......uprated of course.

Yup, Laguna front brakes fit on, as they are used on the latest Clio Cup cars.

I had a bad experience with Godspeed a long time ago - Ian Godney took months to deliver some brakes and then the discs warped in 1000 miles. A number of members of the RSOC have had similar delivery problems with Godspeed, although of late, and to be fair, there are also a number of very happy customers.

Id go the Laguna route if I was you!

How much are these brake calipers guys?. Sounds interesting I take it the same discs are used but Laguna pad sizes are used instead.

Cheers,

Chun.

Ben m8 if the Laguna brake calipers are fitted how would I get braided hoses for the car?. I take it a special set would have to be made up.

Cheers,

Chun.

Geoff I think having Ferrodo pads and group N discs would sort the fading problem out. I use to have a Astra GSI with 256mm disc size. And that thing weighed the same as the 172 but stopped just as well and without fade even with extreme use. I had braided hoses with Dot 5.1 brake fluid. When my discs and pads are up for changing that was what I was going to fit. Plus you wouldnt have to say anything to the insurance cause the pads and brakes look like standard , not that im recommending this action

Cheers,

Chun.