ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going from the previous misjudged thread...

Nothing at the mo :(
Anyone else gettin the dirtiest looks ever just driving through a town/residental area??

Just recently had my decat fitted and i dont give it the beans around town at all.. but the looks i get is like i shouldnt even been born!!

I hope im not the only one >.<

i admit its loud.. but its gone past them in 5 secs, not exactly causing them any problems.. but yeah its mainly old gits...

S4 Avant
I hate chavs with loud exhausts on their cars. Yet I have the loudest car going. I feel embarrassed quite a lot of the time.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I hate loud boomy cars, just sound w**k,

Cars that are meant to sound loud are fine though.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Nope, but I'm not decatted yet, just got a Ktec stealth which isn't that loud.

my definition of chav exhaust is a £50 backbox from halfords.. i dont exactly think a £400 total exhaust system is chavy.. i buy it for the gains not the sounds

S4 Avant
To be fair, your average bloke sat at home watching the news or whatever, isn't going to care whether you spent £50 or £5000, it's still going to rattle the windows, wake the children and piss people off.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yes, when i drove a k reg clio with no backbox i thought i was god, public were disgusted!

PS 200
Back in the day I took my Astra GTE to have it's exhaust replaced.

They removed the whole system and tossed it away (it was completed knackered).

Then they discovered that they didn't have a replacement.

Drove the thing for 4 days and it was only just a little quieter than concorde - I was getting looks from people at the far end of Teddington high street :D.

People don't like loud exhausts - Turn up your stereo ;)

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
I used to have the loudest exhaust ever, used to get loads of looks but I thought it was awesome! 6" slash cut on a clio... I think not..

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Depends on how the car and you look aswell...

hate_chav_car.jpg

I made my own exhaust including manifold once when i was 17 and skint, got pulled by the rozzers. They said when i put my foot down their floor vibrated, i was chuffed to bits with that, my mates thought i was a hero. Wouldn't do it now though.

Iceberg 172
When I had my accident an old woman came over saying I was doing over 100mph, I explained that I was less than 50 yards from the traffic lights which I was stopped at so to accelerate to 100mph would of been impossible!

She told the policeman and he nearly laughed at her!

All because I had a decat and k tec stealth cat back!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Think about it if a ferrari went past and old person they wouldn't shake their heads as the car has a right to sound like that.

A clio 1.2,172,182 it's all the same to granny, you're just a chav with a loud exhasut to them

Clio 1.5dci
When I had my accident an old woman came over saying I was doing over 100mph, I explained that I was less than 50 yards from the traffic lights which I was stopped at so to accelerate to 100mph would of been impossible!

haha :) excellent.

320d
I don't really care whether people think i'm a chav or not. If somebody has a problem with the volume of my car then its their problem not mine tbh. Its legal thats all i'm bothered about.

Renault Sport Clio 182
people down my road are annoyed at me i think, but this is the most sensible and quietest car ive owned compare to my x2 valvers and a valver rep.

1 bloke who lives opposite me came over and shouted at me 2 days after he mooved in because i had a loud exhuast on the car, he thought i came down the road at like 50 when i wasnt going more than 20 (i mean what knob speed outside their own house, i would get a right telling off from mummy lol :cool:)

he said to me he had a daughter and "would kill me if i hit her doing those speeds" but hes the one who takes his 7 year old daughter on the back of his ZX10R with no protective gear on at all, no gloves and his helmet, probably 10 times too big for her, she was so short she couldnt reach the foot pegs or grab handles, she had to hold on to a peice of rope he tied round his waist,

and im the idiot that could potentially kill his daughter?

I get dirty looks when making the most of tunnels and bridges with the loud exhaust!

I especially like how the dirty looks I get sometimes change when I get out of the car and they realise I'm in a suit and tie :)

'99 Vectra 1.8

lol, old people are such liars

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
People look at me like I just spat on their mum when I drive past, most people just think it's an old white s**t-heap honda that's loud :(

Hire Car Baby
Most of you sound like very sensible young men ;)

Unfortunately there are chaps that drive cars that (to the uneducated eye) bare a passing resemblance to the cars you drive, unlike you though they like to get together in convoys and drive around town usually at night favouring the rally time trial style of driving - traction control switched off with their turbos crackling and whistling.

It may be possible that the evils you receive are intended for these local heroes and you're just an innocent victim of misguided anger.

Just a thought ;)

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Love the digi dash!

Back in the day I took my Astra GTE to have it's exhaust replaced.

They removed the whole system and tossed it away (it was completed knackered).

Then they discovered that they didn't have a replacement.

Drove the thing for 4 days and it was only just a little quieter than concorde - I was getting looks from people at the far end of Teddington high street :D.

People don't like loud exhausts - Turn up your stereo ;)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I get funny looks when driving customers cars...

I get really s**t looks when driving the discovery, apparently iv been called a drug dealer because i drive a landrover...