ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going To BUY Some Stuff, Any Ideas??

RS Meg 175
Ey! iam off to Halfords today to buy some bits to clean up my car with!
Any one reccomend any products to use? that i can get from Halfords, Shampoo, Wax, Polish etc.
cheers!

Wool washmit, WW drying towel, Megs clay kit, NXT wash, NXT wax, Megs DC#1 paint cleaner.

AG SRP and AG EGP, thats just off the top of my head, as its been a while since i've been.

106 GTi
Good recomendations from Chris.

ForMe

Megs Gold Class Car Wash
Wash Mitt
Drying Towel
Megs Quick Clay
Autoglym Super Resin
Autoglym Extra Gloss
Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Autoglym Fast Glass

These should get you going.

r-jay said:
Good recomendations from Chris.

ForMe

Megs Gold Class Car Wash
Wash Mitt
Drying Towel
Megs Quick Clay
Autoglym Super Resin
Autoglym Extra Gloss
Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care
Autoglym Fast Glass

These should get you going.

As above and if you want to go the full hog some extras i went in today and they never got the drying towel or the wash mitts

Hot rims wheel cleaner (megs)
tyre shine (megs)
polish pads (megs)
microfiber towel (megs)

sorry r-jay just a few more you forgot the wheels :cool:

106 GTi
Nice one Matt.

I use the Vinyl and Rubber on my tryes.

I use Autoglym Engine and Machine Cleaner on dirty wheels.

The foam pads are a must, the Megs Microfibers IMO are over priced though.

So what do you use then i think everything in halfords is overpriced thats how they get there nick name it just convenient for everyone

Renaultsport Clio 182
Where can I buy a decent drying towel online? Looked in Halfords and a local car shop, couldn't find one. I've been using a leather to dry the car, though everyone seems to say use a proper drying towel. Any ideas?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Josh27 said:
Where can I buy a decent drying towel online? Looked in Halfords and a local car shop, couldn't find one. I've been using a leather to dry the car, though everyone seems to say use a proper drying towel. Any ideas?

Tescos do some microfibre cloths . Not the biggest around but sh*t hot at drying , polishing your car , £1.27 each :) Washed em at 40 degrees , no fabric softener and they are like new .

MrBillyUK !

Renaultsport Clio 182
Nice one, thanks for the replies guys. I'm off on a shopping trip today, will see what I can find at Tescos!

Renaultsport Clio 182
Popped into Tesco today, got a couple of their microfibre clothes. For £1.27 you can't go wrong, and it looks near identical to the Meguiars version...which was £11.99 in Halfords!

Thanks for the tip MrBilly.

106 GTi
Going to have to check these out next time i am in Tescos. Some one on Detailing World said Morrisons sell them cheaply as well.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
r-jay said:
Going to have to check these out next time i am in Tescos. Some one on Detailing World said Morrisons sell them cheaply as well.

Some Tescos sell em others don't . You need a Tescos that has car care range in , not just a couple of bottles of de icer .Usually they have em in Tescos extra , the big stores .

MrBillyUK !

106 GTi
My local one doesnt sound like it will then! - the 24 hour one in the town where I work may have then.

Cheers for the info

Rich

Renaultsport Clio 182
Yea this was a Tesco Extra, couldn't believe how big their car care range is, they have everything!
I've also just been told (by my mum lol!) that Aldi's also have them, 99p.