ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to view a Trophy tomorrow-help needed

E class AMG Sport
Im going to look at a Trophy tomorrow. Its only done 18,000 miles and is still on the original discs & pads. How long do these generally last or will I be looking to change them soon?

Also wheres the best place to get 2 new Exalto's on the front?
Last of all how much is a 24,000 miles service from Renault?

Any help is appreciated

Cheers
Grant

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Service should be around 250 quid,but an independant garage would do it cheaper and still stamp the book.Discs will be dependant on how its been driven.

An old boy used to own my focus from new and then i bought it and its still on the original discs at 45k

Mytyres will give you a very reasonable price for the tyres and should cost around 6-8 quid to fit at a local garage

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overpriced. there a stealer selling one for 9k on a 55plater.

That boy is dreaming at 10k.

10k was the price for an 05 like 12months ago.

i wouldnt waste your time.

A red missile
Its a minter and no doubt, but 10k is the laughable side of overpriced, FFS I only paid 12900 for one brand new!

Trophy 265/500
Service should be around 250 quid,but an independant garage would do it cheaper and still stamp the book.Discs will be dependant on how its been driven.

An old boy used to own my focus from new and then i bought it and its still on the original discs at 45k

Mytyres will give you a very reasonable price for the tyres and should cost around 6-8 quid to fit at a local garage

What he said. £200 - £250 for 24K and a dealer stamp. Mytyres are very good - my local indy place prcematches them, so I get fitting free effectively.

Try it, you'll like it!

Brakes can be worn in 5k or 50k depends on driver there not much to chnage £50 or so for pads form renault and 60 for disks. Fitment easy enough there loads of uprated setups aviliable for a good price if you do want to chnage them for stronger racer setups.

IMO check the car has all the right bits it looks ok no accident damage etc also ignore what people say drive the car yourself and rate it yourself to many people buy cars as they've heard its the best etc and its not what is best for them. For me the trophy is the completly wrong car.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Price is relevant to mileage & condition.

Lot for sale with 30K + miles, i would pay for a low miles version.

Also, 'you can't polish a turd', you may get one cheap but at what cost to get it mint????

My babys on 13k at present & just about to have some upgrades :D

Was giong to sell, but having to much fun & the oposition are overweight, only car i've ever kept over a year & i've had some cars.

Price is relevant to mileage & condition.

Lot for sale with 30K + miles, i would pay for a low miles version.

Also, 'you can't polish a turd', you may get one cheap but at what cost to get it mint????

My babys on 13k at present & just about to have some upgrades :D

Was giong to sell, but having to much fun & the oposition are overweight, only car i've ever kept over a year & i've had some cars.
If you "had" to sell, what would you buy Steve.?

E class AMG Sport
Bought the Trophy today and loving it. Reminds me of my 1.9 205 gti which was a great drivers car. Think im gonna leave it standard but might add the leather rear seat bench from the FF 182's.

E class AMG Sport
It wasn't the 10k one which I bought.

It went on Autotrader on wednesday morning and I bought it on the thursday. Its number 384 and im loving every minute of driving it, just need a new set of fronts. Blackcircles quotes £78.53 on exaltos which is pretty good. Are these the best tyres or does anyone else reccommend others?