ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golden Eagle - up close

I have always loved the Golden Eagle. It was such a good experience getting so close to such a beautiful bird.

I took about 50+ shots of her... these are just 4 of them.

8803132357_71a1929120_c.jpg

8813742390_170e6e3912_c.jpg

8803184243_e730b7e408_c.jpg

8803210341_a9bb04a812_c.jpg

Thanks everyone. I have a shot of the eye half closed and closed which I will upload. It's interesting but freaky looking!

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Sharp shooting.
Got to see one of these in Florida briefly. Flew very closely above us whilst driving!

The one I took was at rescue centre but the Eagle was his own personal bird. It was quite interesting as he was saying Golden Eagles mate for life and the bird now sees him as his partner and no one else can handle/touch her.

He also said how dangerous its becoming as you don't need a licence to have one and they are becoming affordable birds (around £2700). People are buying them for status reasons and not realising how to handle them as they are a completely different bird from owning a hawk/buzzard.

They have the crushing power of 4 Rottweilers jaws in one foot, so you can imagine the damage they could cause in the wrong hands an wrong area.

I was pleasantly surprised at the level of detail considering the lens used! I did take some of the other birds, but the GE stole the show for me.

Lovely sharp shots but composition wise the birds head or eye always appears smack bang central, middle focus point?

Lovely sharp shots but composition wise the birds head or eye always appears smack bang central, middle focus point?

Indeed, kind of a personal presence thing with the 4 shots chosen. They are not all like that, but they were my favourites. Will post some of the alternative composition shots at some point. Somehow managed to take 1600 shots in Cornwall so got so many to go through!