ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf mk4 R32

PB Clio 172
Was in Plymouth the other day and I saw a stunning silver r32 then 2 days later I saw another in standard form, now I am not a golf man but I love these cars ! always have but I couldnt believe it when I saw how much second hand these go for ? its crazy money

now I love clio's had a 16v and 2 renault 5's and my current 172 is the best car I have ever owned !

if in the future if i were to get one are they really what they are cracked up to be ? :S

Golf R soon...
I had a black mk4. Not the quickest thing in the world. Sounded great with a non resonating milltek cat back on it.

The Konig seats were really comfortable as well.

53 Clio's & counting
They are nice, they can't be compared to a Clio/Civic as they are based on a different client base - the mk5 is better IMO (I work for VW so have been in the position to drive many different models/years/condition etc) but as a daily car I think they are fantastic

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
My ex had an Imperial Blue mk4.

Sound was immense but you couldn't feel the power at all. Bit "bland" for a V6 imo.

SQ5
My ex had an Imperial Blue mk4.

Sound was immense but you couldn't feel the power at all. Bit "bland" for a V6 imo.

I had mine and had the same feelings. I should of gone for mk5 Gti instead. Sound and looks are awesome, the performance and fuel consumption are not :(

Listerine & Poledo
I love R32's (mk4 or 5) and would have one in a second.

I'm sure they have a number of failings, but lose some silencers and I bet they sound like a V6 should

Porsche Boxster987S
Had mine (mk5) for a few month now. Compared to my last 2 cars (182 and megane f1) it's on a diff planet ! Fantastic car! Such an awesome noise

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Performance per pound there not much of a bargain,but as said there not all about that.I think there kind of a grown up hatch.

BG 182
A couple of friends have had mk4 r32's and they are a nice car to drive,comfy & quick but not masses of fun for me.A bit sedate for my liking,much more of a daily driver than a weekend toy.Have no first hand experience of the Mk5 r32 so I can't comment.

Cheers Ross.

Listerine & Poledo
But your paying less and losing the looks and aggressiveness of it. It'll just look like a standard 1.6

horses for courses.

Is the engine the same? running through a 'superior' 4wd system?

In any case, a C320 Coupe would be a better bet ;)

Trophy #392
5e0470bd-3111-192d.jpg

My mk4 1.8t I had a couple of months ago, went for alot of money.

53 Clio's & counting
Believe it or not, the A3 3.2 and the R32 engines are different - Slightly different CC (by about 2 lol) and a few bhp difference - god knows why the didn't use ther same engine.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ive had a blue mk4 R32 and a 8p 3.2v6 A3 DSG, loved them both!

Miss the mk4 r32 like hell though, was über tidy.

Clio 197 cup
i now have a mk4 R32, miltek non-res system, revo re-map & a proven 246bhp, 246lbft torque!

its amazing!!!